Popular Posts

Thursday 28 July 2016

But a dream

I dream of an era with no corruption

An era where the common man can rule the vast populace with no interference from  the 'almighty  godfathers' 

An era where justice is not one sided

And social  amenities have no preference. 


I dream of  an era with a three strata populace 

Of a time where men believe in their government 

A time where  the  government  is indeed for the people  and by the people 

An era where our votes count. 


I dream of an where our leaders are not in quandary 

A time where we have leaders and not looters

An era without political  decadence 

An era without despondence. 


I dream of an era where each candidates manifestos are not filled with lies and falsehood 

Where each candidate is without questionable character. 


My dream is of an era far before my childhood 

An era where the dollar was matched by the naira

An era when our leaders fought  for a just cause 

Those where the years of yore 

The years  before  our economy's fall. 


I still dream of  such an era

But I  wake up to this era

And then I wonder 

Is all I have dreamt of a just a dream? 

A pinch of reality that comes swiftly 

Alas it is but a dream.

2 comments:

what is your take?