Popular Posts

Tuesday 1 November 2016

Relationship advice

I used to have a girlfriend who loved me with all she had. She loved me, this I knew. I used to think all a relationship needed to last was love. Our relationship started on a dreamy note and everything looked like a fairy tale. We used to text all the time, and while we were not texting we were on the phone talking.
.
After a while I noticed I started becoming less willing to chat with her all the time... Not because I started loving her less or because I was seeing someone else, but because most times we had little or nothing important talking about, but we were just forcing the conversation. She wouldn't have none of this. She wanted us to text every single time I was online and when we weren't texting she would call. She would call about 4 times a day to say nothing in particular except that she just misses me and felt like hearing my voice.
.
I got tired, I became less willing to talk to her because it was tiring. She was everywhere I turned. I started developing ways to avoid her. Whenever she called I would kick out in frustration before I pick it up, and sometimes I just ignore completely. Every time I tried to talk about it, she got paranoid and started assuming I wasn't appreciative of her love for her. At the end of the day I broke up with her. I broke up with her because I had lost every form of excitement and sparks that should come with a relationship. Breaking up with her broke her heart, I knew this.... But I didn't have any other choice.
.
.
Now, I'm not alone on this. A lot of people have quitted relationships because of over attached partners. You may not understand this until it happens to you. It's a general rule, the more available a commodity is the less value it has. That your partner is online and not chatting with you at that moment doesn't mean he's cheating on you. It simply means he has nothing interesting or important to share with you at that time.

.
Give your partner some space. It's not compulsory you talk over the phone every day. Don't call her 5 times a day just to ask if she has eaten. Always give enough space to be missed. Understand your partner also have friends he needs to keep in touch with. If you are always available even when your partner doesn't need you, then he's not gonna miss you. Sometimes you need to make yourself just a little scarce for your partner to appreciate your presence.
.
It takes more than love to hold a relationship.

Kenechukwu Victor.

4 comments:

  1. Very true. Most people need to realize that a bit is space is essential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. Most people need to realize that a bit is space is essential.

    ReplyDelete

what is your take?