Popular Posts

Monday 11 May 2015

MEETING CHIM-AMAKA- part1

when I heard that my aunt had put to bed, I had mixed feelings, who wouldn't in this sort of situation,you see aunt G is my mother's elder sister , so as you can guess chim-amaka was a miracle baby. 
I was both happy and sad, happy because my aunt was so elated and one could sense how complete she felt, then i was sad because i would not be her baby anymore, my aunt was my second mother, there was such a striking resemblance between the both of us that people always assumed she was my mum as the daughter she never had or should i say now has.I LOVED spending my holidays at her house in Enugu, i kept her company and always remembered her birthday,mother's day and other important dates.
Then along came chim-amaka, who she named partly after me(my native name was nwamaka), i was in my hostel when the news of her delivery came, My mother was already talking of visiting the new mother and child, she was already talking baby gifts and inquiring if i would be available to visit aunt G with her. i immediately feigned too many classes,tests and approaching exams, i told her i will visit aunt G after my exams.
After my exams, it was one excuse after the other,the truth was i was practically jealous of a baby, i was jealous when my mother came home with pictures of her and announced her the most beautiful baby ever, i was angry at the way the world suddenly revolved around her,most of all, I was sad that my aunt did not call me as usual to check up on me.
chim-amaka was to blame for everything, i was going to pay her a visit soon enough....



No comments:

Post a Comment

what is your take?